I remember watching "Eight Is Enough" in the 80's. I learned a lot about the American family life from the show. So I wasn't actually got the cultural shock when I first went to study there in 1982. Probably it wouldn't be fair to actually compare the actual lifestyle with the one on TV. Then there was another movie "Cheaper by The Dozen" another story about big family. Of course there is Brady Bunch and a lot more. But I don't remember any movie/show on Malaysian's big family. Maybe not many Malaysians want to share their experience. Most of the time we read about them in newspapers or magazine and how some Mothers of the Year managing their children successfully. I wonder, will I be Mother of The Year if I manage to send all my ten children to universities. Those who successfully raise their ten or more children successfully, what are their secrets? Maybe they have a special formula or technique that they can share with us. I would love to hear from them. In my case, it's more of a trial and error..but I don't like the error part.
No comments:
Post a Comment